You can use the Pismo platform to refinance an existing credit card debt. To refinance this debt, create a statement agreement for your customer.
Before you create a new statement agreement, make sure the customer is eligible for refinancing. So, check with your organization’s refinancing terms, procedures, and conditions (for example, debt-to-income or credit history).
If the customer is eligible for refinancing:
- Check their total debt due.
- From the response, look at the
total_balancefield to get the refinanced amount.
- Use your own calculation method based on the refinanced amount to generate a new payment plan.
Since the Pismo platform supports a collection of installments, you can use any desired amortization system to calculate a payment agreement.
- Make sure you advance all installments on the account to the current statement.
- After you have the plan, you can create a new statement agreement. To create one, use Create a Payment Agreement.
IOF fields only apply to Brazil. If you’re not in Brazil, enter 0 in the IOF fields.
Once you’ve created a new statements agreement, the Pismo platform posts the new agreement on the currently open and future statements. If the customer needs to cancel the agreement, use Cancel an Installment Payment.
If you need to review existing agreements, use Retrieve Payment Agreements. You can use this endpoint to check interest rates, current balance, and the installment plan.
If you need to search an existing payment agreement by its ID, use Get installment payment by ID.
Updated 4 months ago